Nuclear Iran, Reloaded

In the Reloaded version of my blog, I'll write about Iran, its nuclear program, its culture, and most importantly, myself.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

VOA News - Rice Testifies On Iran

I am glad that Secretary of State, Condi Rice, says that "our problem is with the Iranian regime, not the Iranian people".

VOA News - Rice Testifies On Iran (the streaming audio file)

She continues that it is important "that the Iranian government recognizes that it will be isolated if it continues down this path, [and] that we [will] not isolate the Iranian people."

What she says is pretty nice, but I don't know how she is going to implement it. The US government has so far been doing a good job in isolating Iranian people: by demonizing the name of their country, by denying them VISAs, by denying them safety in their air travels, and by imposing restrictions on their scientific cooperation with the rest of the world.

I usually call this sort of statements "tricky jokes" and I'll continue doing so until I see tangible changes is the US policy towards the Persians (the Iranians, some may say).

5 Comments:

Blogger Winston said...

She is such a great lady!

She is the best US Secretary of State ever!

Thu Mar 16, 12:44:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the US doesnt demonize the Iranians, dude.

It is the mullahs regime who has made all of us look like evil around the world.

When do you ignorant guys tend to wake up and stop blaming others for your own illnesses?

Thu Mar 16, 12:45:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

richards,

I didn't say that the US has demonized the Iranians; I said US has demonized the name of their country, Iran.

It seems that I have to provide an example: saying that Iran is making a nuclear weapon without any evidence that she is doing so is called demonizing. Or calling by name "axis of evil" is termed demonizing.

What I said does not mean that Iran is not sick or is not in pain; she is. But the pain is internal, and the decease is not contagious. The mullahs are a threat to Iranians and not to the world, and the US policy is making them worse.

Thu Mar 16, 09:40:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Amir said...

richards,

No, I only speak for myself.
And I don't get annoyed if you don't think the way I think.
You may be right, but you need to provide me with an examined evidence, not B.S.!

Thu Mar 16, 04:52:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regardless of Iran's intentions, the U.S. has done a good job of alienating Iran's leaders. They exacerbate the situation by making provacative comments about Iran and its leaders instead of trying to understand Iranians.

Our foreign policy is to intimidate, and try to control the rest of the world. We should not be surprised when the world resents this.

Thu Mar 16, 06:52:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home