I am summarizing my thoughts here:
- I don't think Iran will accept the Russian proposal the way United States wants it to be.
- I don't think sanctions against Iran will result in anything but an increase in oil prices.
- I don't think referral to UNSC will result in anything but an end to inspections.
- I don't think attacking Iran's nuclear sites will result in anything but encouraging the regime to go nuclear.
- I don't think invasion of Iran is possible.
- I don't think Iran wants to be isolated.
The only solution I can think of is to ask Iran to suspend its programs for 5 years, provide her with nuclear fuel, and build mutual trust. 5 years is long enough to ease the tensions, and short enough for Iran to broadcast it as a temporary suspension (and to see if she is being played with). I Also can't think of any better time for Iran and US to negotiate and make up their attitudes. (I see benefits for US in Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan and I see more benefits for Iran).