Nuclear Iran, Reloaded

In the Reloaded version of my blog, I'll write about Iran, its nuclear program, its culture, and most importantly, myself.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

VOA's "Iran's Desire for Nuclear Power v. the Ability to Maintain It"

To: Patrick Clawson,

I read your remarks about Iran's nuclear program on VOAnews.com and I would like to comment:

I am pretty sure that you know that construction of Bushehr Reactor started well before revolution and the designs/designers were mostly American/European.

I am also pretty sure that you know that researchers from Stanford Research Institute recommended production of 20,000 MW of nuclear electricity (this was before revolution as well)

Now, while the scientists have stated their opinion, I wonder why a politician like you, should comment on whether Iran needs nuclear power or should stick to its Oil/Natural Gas resources.

My little online research shows me that your remark about Bushehr Nuclear Reactor being located precisely on a fault, is not very accurate. Here is the map of faults in Iran (another one and one more) from the website of International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology. I do not see Bandar-e-Bushehr (Bushehr Port) being located precisely on a fault. (It is very unfortunate that faults are spread all over Iran and basically no place in Iran is safe in terms of being far from a fault, but your argument still doesn't seem to be accurate).

Regards,
Amir

1 Comments:

Blogger Winston said...

A regime that cant help its own people in quake disasters like BAM or Gilan must go to hell, for real.

They dont need nuclear energy which will result in Chernobyl like tragedies.

Mullahs belong to 7th century and therefore they must not be given any thing modern. Sack them before they sack us.

Sat Aug 26, 04:11:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home